We’re proud to be celebrating 20 years of inspiring communities to understand, appreciate and protect their local watersheds! As part of our anniversary, we’re hosting a 10-day watershed appreciation event and photo contest August 4 – August 13, 2017.
We invite you to take a picture during your watershed explorations and submit your photo to the contest using the hashtag #TWPphotocontest2017 on either Instagram or Facebook. If you prefer to email your submission, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For ideas on where to explore and downloadable activities for the whole family, check out our website thewatershedproject.org. We will be sharing some of our favorite parks each day of the contest, so if you’re in need of some inspiration on any given day, we’ll have a suggestion waiting for you!
Watershed Appreciation Photo Contest Categories:
- Families #familiesinwatersheds
- Water #waterinwatersheds
- Wildlife #wildlifeinwatersheds
The top three photos from each category will be shared on Facebook and you’ll have a chance to vote for your favorite.
The winning photo from each category will win a prize, be featured on our website and become The Watershed Project postcards to educate others about watersheds and how to protect them.
A few important photo contest guidelines:
- The photo contest will open at 8am on August 4 and close at 8pm on August 13. Photos must be submitted by August 13 to be entered into the contest.
- When sharing photos, please include your name, where the photo was taken, and anything else about your experience.
- Photos must be taken in a Bay Area watershed.
For more information, please contact email@example.com. Happy picture taking and watershed exploring!