For the 4th year in a row, REI is closing all of its stores on Black Friday to encourage people to #optoutside. There is a movement to remake Black Friday into Green Friday. Here at The Watershed Project, we’ll also be opting to be outside, both on Green Friday and all winter long.
Winter is an important time for TWP because with winter rains comes the opportunity to plant many of our green infrastructure projects. We’ve looked through our archives to provide you with a list of places to visit on Green Friday, including some of our project sites!
- Come see the new bioswales at Booker T. Anderson Jr park
- Stop by Carlson Meadow to see the new park
- Visit our new water-themed mural on the Richmond Greenway
- Go for a picnic at one of our favorite hiking and picnicking spots
- Visit the North Richmond Shoreline
- Check out Unity Park
- See what summer spots are like in the winter
- Spend time at our of our favorite nature spots in Richmond
Whatever you do on Green Friday, we hope you will join us for one of our many planting events this coming winter. Please see our events page for upcoming workdays or contact Sharon for more information.