- This event has passed.
Water Data Science Symposium
June 29 @ 9:00 am - June 30 @ 4:00 pmFree
The California Water Boards are hosting this free, annual event online this year. Attend to learn about how water quality monitoring generates meaningful data to inform water quality management decisions. This year there is a specific focus on including folks not within the scientific community, and speakers will be making their presentations understandable and interesting to community members from all backgrounds. The Watershed Project will be co-presenting on our Explore Contra Costa Creeks app (https://app.thewatershedproject.org/), and in general, presentations will focus on:
– Accessibility: What can we do to improve access to and use of water data?
– Adaptation: What can we do to minimize and mitigate changes impacting water in California?
– Agency: How do we engage better with communities – who have everything at stake at water and data decision making – focusing on collection and use of meaningful water data and information?
– Change: How are water related resources and systems changing?
– Communication: How can we do better at communicating what we know (and don’t know!) to all audiences?
Please register here for this symposium: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2020-california-water-data-science-symposium-tickets-86455846765