The Watershed Project is proud to have 20 years of accomplishments, and we look forward to many more in the years to come. Stay tuned as we add more information about our past accomplishments.
Watch a video highlighting some of our programming.
During the 2016-17 year, The Watershed Project, along with community supporters and partners, has much to celebrate, including:
- 1,606 students served from 20 Bay Area schools, including estimated 1,008 free and reduced lunch students.
- 1,019 students went on field trips to 11 Bay Area locations.
- Volunteers removed 17,682 pounds of trash from Bay Area shorelines and creeks and 15,000 pounds of compost and recycling was diverted from landfills.
- Block ambassadors completed 180 service hours cleaning and greening their streets.
- Over 50 volunteers monitored oysters on our 100 community build oyster reef balls for 150 volunteer citizen science hours.
- 4 Green Collar Corps members and 12 high school and college interns have participated in our Green Careers program.
- and so much more!
Learn more about the past several years with our annual reports: